Crop Circles Continued...

Posted by Laurel Collins , Friday, June 11, 2010 5:04 PM

Getting close to finishing my first crop circle pendant! This one took quite a bit of work to make!

Looking at it now, I think it is actually a bit bigger than I had originally expected to make. I like it though! I found some pretty garnet beads for embellishment and everything seems to have come together quite well. I still plan on wire wrapping the surrounding circle as well.



At the same time, I am around halfway through knitting a scarf for my grandmother! I made a scarf for a friend at Christmas and while I was making it, my grandma loved to come by and pet it. She is a better knitter than I will ever be, having made me two blankets and a huge lovely afghan for my mom, but I don't think she has ever had anyone knit anything for her. I chose a multicolored purple yarn for her since purple is her favorite color. Sadly, me being me, I started this scarf back in January. I stopped knitting on it months ago, but now I am determined to finish it up for her! It will definitely be ready by winter! Hee hee!



I used this pattern called the Tipsy Rib Scarf. I love this pattern because since it is so repetitive, I don't need to carry around instructions. Great project for beginning knitters!

1 Response to "Crop Circles Continued..."

YanniCreations Says:

Thank you for dropping by my thread on Etsy. It's fun discovering new blogs everyday.

I'm also glad to be your newest follower.

I adore the crop circle pendant. I always wanted to learn how to wire wrap beads properly. And the scarf you are knitting is lovely.beautiful purples...

And if you have time, please feel free to visit my blog. I usually blog about recycling if you fancy those kinds of stuff.

Yanni

Post a Comment